Monday, December 6, 2010

Is it December already?

Hello All,

Okay, so that title is a lie right? I know it's December because I see it on my calendar and almost everywhere I look I see the beginnings of the Christmas festivities; so why do I wonder if it's December on this beautiful Monday morning? I will tell you.........
December is special, the month of Christmas and all things bright and beautiful and right now a lot of things look anything but......I'm battling this silly malaria that has been induced by a lowered immunity arising from the stress of inadequate rest and a lean purse-(lethal combination, I can tell you)
I'm waiting for news that has me on sitting on the edge of my chair waiting for the phone to ring while my spirit tries to pray a mile-a-minute. I'm looking at a December calender that looks so full, I might have to division myself into twice. I'm thinking of how to please my boss who doesn't seem to have "my time" right now and I'm wondering if I can hide from my 9yr old daughter who wants to dress like Hannah Montana for the annual children's party; and how to confess to my younger Sis. that big sis is too broke to make her contributions to the wedding and still be relevant at .......phew!
Now do you see why I'm wondering if we could wind back the clock to October?

Anyway, it's not all bad......... I had the experience of the year at the Experience, Friday night, even the malaria couldn't stop me, though it tried to slow me down. I was there live with the handsomest date a girl could wish for,(my 15 year dude) and my closest girlfriend and if you don't know who that is by now, then I can't help you....It was a night to remember. Pastor Paul Adefarasin is a man I respect beyond respect. The Experience is an experience in the possibility of the impossible. How do they do it? Pull off a programme of such huge magnitude without an obvious hitch? The official figures say 500,000 people but with what I saw on saturday morning when I left, I believe 1,000,000 is a more realistic figure.
So, I had a lovely experience which I'll try to write about another day, and then I had thanksgiving in church on sunday and it was beautiful. A weekend of beautiful stuff, which is maybe why, this monday morning looks so bleak? but it's not in how the day looks, it's in how it ends and this day will finish well..........wait for the testimonies!

Shalom people

1 comment: