Wednesday, February 25, 2009

This and That

Hi all,

It's been quite a while. February has turned out to be quite a topsy- turvy month. What with chicken pox, malaria, a bad cold and all. It has been one of those months you want to see end very quickly.
In all though I have cause to thank God. Dennis quietly turned fifty-( celebration will be done later in the year), Bobos recovered well from his chicken pox attack - and all we have to do is figure out a way to get rid of the scars! He is back to his old self and asserting his authority as "baby of the house".
Two days ago I was giving him a bath and trying to figure a way out of the turbulent start to this new year, when he started with his usual 'bathroom gist'.

Bobos: "mummy please bath my spiderman, he is my son" (he has this little spiderman toy that he insists on bathing with whenever it is not 'hiding')

Mummy: "so, you have a son?"

Bobos: "Yes now, this spiderman is my son. can't you see he is little and I am big?"

Mummy: "so you are a big boy now?"

Bobos: "I am big enough!"

And that last statement was deliverance indeed for me. I realised that this young man had again taught me a great lesson. I am big enough for the challenges that face me. Indeed we are all big enough.
The Bible says in 1 Cor.10:13, "No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear to bear it."

We are always big enough for our troubles; the challenge is that we don't always look for that promised way of escape. I have a fresh perspective, thanks to that reminder from Bobos, "I am big enough" and so are you!
Shalom....

No comments:

Post a Comment