Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Back to School

Hi, it has been one of those weeks. Bobos had the worst case of chicken pox I have ever seen- ( I had gone through four others, including moi and three of the other kids). It was so bad he even had the rash on his palms and the soles of his feet! And he added malaria for good effect! It was not funny at all. My tummy was for his mattress for four days straight.
Thankfully the worst is over and he is back to school today. It was not easy getting him to go back to school though. He came up with every excuse in the book. "mummy, see the small one is still on my belly", aunty Betty will not tell me sorry". " mummy, I want to sleep" and when nothing appeared to move mummy, he came out straight; " mummy take me back home".

Children,sigh! Hard to believe that I was once like that. Or that indeed I am still like that with my heavenly father. Jeremiah 29:11 says "..for I know the plans I have for you, plans of good and not of evil...." We often read those words but still insist on our own plans. We behave as if God cannot possibly appreciate exactly what we are going through and we need to getHim to see things our way!
How like three year old Bobos we are! God knows the things we are going through, yet he sees the big picture. Jesus said, "....your heavenly father knows that you need all these things........"(Matthew6:32b)
Yes, He knows. In Fact He knows better than you do. Just like I know Bobos is well enough to resume school, God knows the things we are capable of. He will never give you a burden you are not empowered to carry, regardless of how it looks. Trusting Him requires obedience even when it is uncomfortable to do so.Bobos finally agreed to stay in class. I have no doubt by the time I pick him up in the afternoon, he will be smiling and thoroughly glad to have gone to school today.
Same way we will be smiling when God picks us up at the end of our daily obedience to His leading...............shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment