Sunday, September 25, 2011

Craving some freedom of worship...

I'm a dreamer, always have been a dreamer and I guess I will always be a dreamer. No regrets though; a lot of my dreams have come true, some may still come true and some others are sooo outlandish, I know they will not come true ( Jesus loves me too much to allow those come true) Some of my dreams are just escape places for me to run away from reality; I usually make those dreams very beautiful and I put in everything to suit my mood at the time. I dream in full technicolor and I spare no expense to make my dreams exactly what I want. After-all, what'[s the point of living less than fabulously in dreamland? So, I make my dreams as good as possible and who knows? someday I just might see one of my "impossible dreams" come true. Right now, I'm dreaming of freedom of worship; Please don't tell me I live in a country where I can worship the way I want. I know that already. The kind of freedom I want is the freedom to worship without church politics, gossip, rumours, intrigues and all those little things that trail humans wherever they are found. A wise person once said to me that the closer you are to the centre of events in a church, the more you will find out that people are the same everywhere, even, in the church. Sometimes it gets so tiring; trying to be careful of hurting people's feelings and not being able to express yourself freely and truly-sigh! Being diplomatic in the house of God? Not easy for me to do, I must confess, so I'm creating a dream church where I can worship freely and there are no intrigues, no politics, no diplomatic manouvres. Just plain old worship of God Almighty.....In short, a little bit of heaven on Earth. I can dream, can't I? Shalom!

1 comment:

  1. I should like to worship with you in that 'dream Church' but if there will be humans there, we might as well apply some "diplomacy in worship"...whatever that means.

    Nice writ Elsie. Write on!

    ReplyDelete